Digital Initiatives Standing Committee (DISC) wiki
- Provide recommendations to Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC) Library Services Members Council regarding all technical aspects of digital collection building, digitization,and/or digital production, digital curation, and digital services in support of scholarship.
- Provide a forum for discussion, promote best practices, explore opportunities for collaboration among interested Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC) libraries, and leverages the collective capacity of the colleges and universities for digital initiatives and services.
A note about DISC membership: DISC has a tradition of overlapping co-chairs, where co-chair terms are two years and overlap for one year, so that an incoming co-chair supports the chair who’s had the role for the previous year, and then takes the lead in the following year. On July 12, 2017 the Committee also decided that in order to re-establish the long-standing tradition of chair rotation and co-chairs our new Secretary, Kelley Rowan, has agreed to become co-chair with Krystal next year. Next year DISC will appoint a new Secretary, and after the Secretary’s annual appointment is over he/she will become a co-chair in the following year. This system of rotating chairs and now the addition of the Secretary into the rotation will ensure continuity in group leadership.
- 2018-2019 DISC Membership List
- 2017-2018 DISC Membership List
- 2016-2017 Membership List (all Standing Committees)
- 2016-2017 DISC Membership List
- 2015-2016 Membership List
- 2014-2015 Membership List
- May 7, 2013 Membership List
- Link to Islandora Public Wiki
- Link to FL-Islandora Institutional Repository Transformation (FLIIRT) Project Wiki